• Align with the requirements for FF-ICE/PLANNING based on the Q4 2018 Intermediary version of ICAO Doc 9965.
• Optimize FIXM Core design based on implementers' feedback.
• Revisit the "Messaging" package in the light of ATMRPP's desired technical vision for FF-ICE/PLANNING - see also Note 2.
• Clarify the absent data policy for FIXM in line with FFICE/PLANNING update strategy.
FIXM 4.2.0 shall support:
• The content of the individual ATS message fields described in ICAO Doc 4444 - see also Note 3.
• The flight data items identified by ICAO ATMRPP as part of the requirements for FF-ICE Block 1 - see also Note 2.
Note 1: The new version of FIXM planned for June 2019 was labelled 5.0.0 in the previous version of the FIXM Release Plan. Following the consolidation of the version policy for FIXM and anticipating that the evolution of the information exchange requirements for FFICE/PLANNING will not require major conceptual changes to FIXM, the FIXM CCB decided to requalify the June 2019 version of FIXM to a MINOR release and consequently to rename it to 4.2.0.
Note 2: As of April 2018, discussions are underway at ICAO level for further clarifying, among others, the potential need for technical harmonization of some aspects of the FF-ICE/PLANNING services, and in particular the messaging aspects. These ICAO discussions may eventually affect the scope statement for FIXM. At a minimum, FIXM 4.2.0 will support the flight data items identified by ICAO ATMRPP.
Note 3: FIXM 4.1.0 development showed that an extension may prove a better technical solution for supporting specific data elements conveying 'historical' information. This part of the scope statement is therefore to be understood in a broad sense: the 'FIXM 4.2.0 package', which may include a complementary verified extension, will provide support for the ATS message content.